35 Hero Animals That Saved Human Lives!
There have been many instances throughout history where animals have demonstrated their bravery and heroism by saving human lives. Here are just a few examples of hero animals:
- Balto the sled dog – In 1925, Balto led a team of sled dogs through a blizzard to deliver medicine to the town of Nome, Alaska, saving many lives in the process.
- Lulu the pig – In 1998, Lulu saved her owner’s life by running out into the street and stopping traffic when the owner had a heart attack.
- Willie the parrot – In 2013, Willie the parrot saved the life of a baby by alerting its mother to the fact that the baby was choking.
- Tara the cat – In 2014, Tara saved a young boy from a dog attack by jumping on the attacking dog and chasing it away.
- Binti Jua the gorilla – In 1996, Binti Jua saved a young boy who had fallen into her enclosure at the Brookfield Zoo by cradling and protecting him until zookeepers arrived.
- Toby the golden retriever – In 2016, Toby saved his owner’s life by alerting her to the fact that she had breast cancer.
- Zanjeer the dog – In 1993, Zanjeer saved many lives by detecting explosives and preventing a terrorist attack in Mumbai.
- Gigi the cat – In 1995, Gigi saved her owner’s life by alerting her to the fact that there was a gas leak in the house.
- Hercules the guide dog – In 2014, Hercules saved his owner’s life by pushing her out of the way of an oncoming bus.
- Simba the cat – In 1996, Simba saved his owner’s life by alerting her to the fact that there was a fire in the house.
- Koko the gorilla – In 1984, Koko saved the life of a kitten by using sign language to communicate to her handlers that the kitten had stopped breathing.
- Mandy the goat – In 2007, Mandy saved her owner’s life by head-butting her to wake her up when her house caught on fire.
- Pudding the cat – In 2018, Pudding saved the life of her owner who was having a diabetic seizure by alerting a neighbor and leading them to her.
- Jules the parrot – In 2010, Jules saved the life of a woman who was choking on a piece of fruit by repeatedly saying “Mama, baby” until help arrived.
- Honey the pit bull – In 2012, Honey saved her owner’s life by waking her up when the house caught on fire.
- Moko the dolphin – In 2008, Moko saved the lives of two beached whales by guiding them back out to sea.
- Loyal the dog – In 2012, Loyal saved his owner’s life by staying by his side for two days after he fell down a cliff and broke his back.